Top Menu

My fiance is from India he is applying now for express entry as he wants to work right away. I am a canadian citizen. we want to get married in Canada. Is getting married here with visitor visa better idea than express entry? What is the best way so we could be together soon?

If he already has an Invitation to Apply, or he has over 450 points, it’s probably faster to go through Express Entry (provided he will qualify). Once he submits his application, it should be processed within 6 months.

If he doesn’t have 450 points, it would be better for you two to marry and for you to sponsor him. Sponsorship takes much longer than Express Entry: 12 months for inland (he is in Canada) and differing processing times for outland (he is in India).

You can learn more about sponsorship here.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes