Top Menu

My fiancé is from Czech Republic, I am a Canadian citizen. He has a work visa, which expires next year. However he wants his children here with him, but they currently live with their mother. She is also Czech, residing here in Canada and she wants residency too. What should we be doing to get this sorted out? Is it better for them to apply as a family, or is it better if I sponsor him as a spouse?

Your fiancé cannot put his ex-partner as his accompanying spouse when he applies for PR, he can list his kids.

Unless your fiancé is in a skilled occupation and would get an Invitation to Apply under Express Entry, it would be much easier for you to sponsor him and his children (provided they are not already citizens). There is nothing you can do for the mother.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes