Top Menu

My Father was born in England. I am a Canadian citizen and I am looking into getting my British citizenship. How difficult would it be (legally) if I were to move to live in England for a year?

Depending upon the marital status of your parents at birth (yes, that’s something the British used to care about), it might be quite easy for you to get your British passport and move to England: if your parents were married at the time of your birth, you can apply for a British passport right now by completing the application form and providing:

  • your long-form birth certificate, displaying your father’s name
  • your father’s birth certificate
  • your parents’ marriage certificate
  • your father’s passport (if possible).


Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes