Top Menu

My ex husband and I were married for 7 years. He is from the US and did have his PR here in Canada. We got divorced and he remained in the US, I came back to Canada. Over the last 9 years we are still very good friends. Is it possible to re-sponsor him back to Canada?

If you remarry, you probably can sponsor him again. To the best of our knowledge, there’s no regulation against sponsoring a person a second time.

If your husband has not has not officially renounced his permanent residence, and it has not been revoked, then, as an American, he can travel to Canada on his American passport, re-enter Canada and start amassing time towards meeting the residence obligation (2 years out of every 5). There is a chance that he will have his PR status revoked at the port of entry, however.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes