Top Menu

My dad was born in Wales in 1965. He came to Canada when he was a kid and no longer holds British citizenship, nor did he when I was born, in Canada. Can I apply for a British passport?

Whether or not you can apply for a UK passport depends upon whether or not your father actually lost his UK citizenship. Unless he officially renounced it to the UK authorities, he did not actually lose his citizenship and he was still a citizen at the time of your birth. If he never officially renounced his UK citizenship, you are a UK citizen and can apply for a UK passport.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes