Top Menu

I am currently residing in Melbourne, Australia. I have been granted Permanent Residence in the month of JUN-2015 and in the month of SEP-2015 I had travelled to Calgary, Canada to fulfil the formalities of Permanent Residence. However, I did not stay in Canada for more than 5 days since I was not having Employment offer in Canada. As a result of my short stay in Canada I could not able to collect my PR CARD. I returned back to Australia and continued my employment in Australia. Now I have received employment offer from Canada and employer wants me to join ASAP. In this regards I would like to know the following: 1. How do I go back to Canada to start working for new employer in Canada without PR Card? 2. Do I need to apply for Permanent Residence Travel Document (PRTD)? 3. Can this document be issued at the earliest? 4. Will I need permission from Labour market in Canada?


Let’s try to answer your questions:

  1. If you’re an Australian citizen, you can fly to Canada. You will have a little trouble at the port of entry, explaining why you left, but you are technically a permanent resident so they should let you in. (Bring a copy of your record of landing!)
  2. If you need a visa to travel to Canada without PR status then, yes, you need a Permanent Resident Card Travel Document. You can learn more about it here.
  3. How long it takes to issue depends on the office where you apply for it. You’ll have to contact the High Commission in Canberra.
  4. No, you are a Permanent Resident. The LMIA requirement is for job offers for foreign workers.


Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes