Top Menu

I am a Canadian Citizen and I sponsored my wife for a PR. She landed in Canada and stayed there for a month. I am now working outside Canada for a North American Company which took me from my Canadian point of origin. My question is, can my wife live with me outside of Canada since I am working outside of Canada? If Yes, in this case, will the days be counted for her as if she is living in Canada for PR Card renewal purposes ?

Yes, your wife can live with you outside of Canada and yes, your wife can count the days outside of Canada spent with you as days inside Canada towards her residency obligation. When renewing her PR Card she will show a few things in support of the application:

  1. Prove that you are married (copy of your marriage certificate)
  2. Prove that you have lived together for the exact dates (lease/deed, joint bills and accounts, etc)
  3. Prove that you are a Canadian Citizen (copy of your birth certificate or citizenship certificate)
Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes