Top Menu

I am a Canadian citizen residing in Hong Kong My gf and I will fly to Canada as visitors (both of us ) and want to tie the knot. But the Canadian govt site says for primary identification documents that passports “may” be accepted? The other documents all seem to be what my hk gf won’t have ….. what are the options ? (Esp when it mentions that one party can get the licence first while presenting primary identification for both parties )?

Passports should be accepted for a marriage license application. But call the City Hall of the City you are marrying in to confirm whether or not they accept passports and what they accept as substitutes for the documentation you think your girlfriend cannot provide.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes