Top Menu

I am a Canadian citizen living in the Netherlands with the same same-sex partner for 40 years. We have decided to officiate our relationship through a Dutch civil union. Will my partner be able to obtain Canadian citizenship as a result?

No, nobody can gain citizenship through marriage.

You can sponsor your partner for permanent residence, however you would have to move to Canada to do so.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes