Top Menu

I am a Canadian Citizen living abroad for 10 years. My fiance is a Thai National. We would like to get married and live in Canada. I understand we can get married in Canada as she has a 5 year visitors visa already and should ultimately be finished in that time-frame (hopefully). Is it possible for her to work in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed? How long generally afterwards could she get a work permit? Are you only able to apply for a work permit if she is in Canada physically or can we apply for the work permit abroad? As she/we would like her to work if permissible.

If you submit an “inland” sponsorship application, with your fiancée in Canada  (as it sounds like you will), she can apply for a work permit at the same time as you submit the sponsorship application. She must be physically in Canada.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes