Top Menu

I am a Canadian citizen and would like to sponsor my father who lives in the US. Can he come to Canada and stay while the application is being processed

If your father is an American citizen, he should have a very easy time coming to stay with you while the application is in process (provided you are invited to apply, through the lottery). He will only be allowed to enter Canada for 6 months at a time, and so he will need to travel back to the US after six months.

If he is just a permanent resident of the US, he may have to apply for a visa or eTA if he plans to fly.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes