Top Menu

I am a Canadian citizen and my fiancé is Cuban still living in Cuba. He is coming here in May to visit us for a couple weeks. Is it possible to get married here in Canada (Alberta)? Would it be legal if we did? Do we need special papers other then affidavit of single status and ID?

Yes, you can marry in Alberta, it’s perfectly legal. You need photo IDs and proof of single status and you will need to have any Spanish documents translated into English. There is an application you need to fill out for the marriage license and you will have to pay a fee.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes