Top Menu

Can I travel to the US with a criminal assault record

The short answer is you cannot travel to the US with an assault conviction.

You could attempt to cross the border and you may be let in, but you also may be denied entry.

In order to resolve this issue, you’ll have to complete an application called “I-92 Advance Permission to temporarily enter The United States as a Non-Immigrant.” You will have to provide documentary evidence along with the completed application. You’ll have to hand it in, in person, to a US CBP agent at a port of entry or airport. If you are approved, the “waiver” (as it’s usually known) will be issued for up to 5 years, and then you’ll have to get another one.

Learn more

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes