Top Menu

Can I travel to the United States using only my birth certificate?

No. This used to be possible but under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, a Canadian birth certificate is no longer considered valid proof of identity when traveling between Canada and the United States. Children in school parties can still use their birth certificates, but anyone else planning to cross the border must have a valid travel document like a Canadian passport, enhanced driver’s licence or a NEXUS card.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes