Top Menu

I have British parents but I was born in Canada in 1955. In 1963 the family migrated to USA. At that time I got a British passport to come to the US. What do I need to do if I decide to permanently go back to Canada? I have lived in USA for over 50 years. Will my Canadian birth certificate be all I would need to relocate back to Canada?

Well, you will need a Canadian passport to enter Canada as a Birth Certificate is not considered a travel document and, for the last 5 years or so, you need a passport or enhanced driver’s license just to cross the border.

You can use your Canadian birth certificate to apply for passport and, once you have your passport, you can move to Canada.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes