Top Menu

My boyfriend is currently studying here in BC Canada, and has a student visa. He’s from Ecuador and we want to marry here and so he can become a permanent resident so schooling will be cheaper for him. What are the requirements for him to become a PR here asap?

If your boyfriend is going to remain a student, the only way he can become a permanent resident is by you sponsoring him. You can do so one of two ways:

  • marrying him and then sponsoring him
  • living with him for at least one year and then sponsoring him.

In both cases, you will have to prove the relationship is genuine. It will not be “ASAP.” The current processing time is 12 months minimum, and that’s what they’re aspiring to.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes