Top Menu

My boyfriend is an American citizen and I am a Canadian born citizen. My boyfriend has a criminal record in which he served 7 years for Possession of marijuana. He was release in 2015 and I am now pregnant. Will he be able to visit me In Canada with hopes of possibly living here and getting married in order for him to help support the baby and I?

Depending upon the type of conviction, your boyfriend may be able to apply for Criminal Rehabilitation, which would allow him to immigrate in the future. If he’s not yet eligible, he can apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, which will allow him to temporarily visit you.

Once married, you can sponsor him for permanent residence. You cannot sponsor him before you are married unless you have been living together for at least 1 full year.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes