Top Menu

I applied for the PR card at the beginning of November 2016 along with my boyfriend (common law union). I am the main applicant and my current Post Graduate Work Permit expires in May 2017. My boyfriend’s work permit expires in February 2017. Is it possible to get an extension of his work permit, since I’ve heard the PR card can take up to six months.

If you mean that you applied for permanent residence then, yes, you can apply for a work permit for the interim period between when the work permit expires and you expect a decision on your permanent residence application.

Permanent residence applications take at least 6 months.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes