Top Menu

I am an Algerian citizen and my girlfriend is Filipino and lives in Canada. We are planning to get married in Hong Kong after few months and we are thinking about how she can register our marriage in the embassy of Canada which is I think that we cant do in hong Kong but I was asking if she can do that when she comes back to Canada. Can she do that?

Your girlfriend does not need to register her marriage to you. If she wants to sponsor you later, she will need an English or French version (if the Hong Kong marriage certificate doesn’t come in English) but she doesn’t need to inform anyone in Canada she’s married until she sponsors you, or otherwise is required to prove her marriage.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes