Top Menu

I am 56 and was born in Canada as my mother was living there at the time. She is British and so was my estranged father, probably dead now. I have been living in the UK with my family since I was 6 months old and would now like to have a British Passport. I am married to a British Citizen. Can I apply for one, or do I have to be naturalised first please.

You are a British citizen. In order to apply for your UK passport, you will have to provide your parents’ birth certificates, as well as your Canadian long-form birth certificate, which shows their names, as part of your passport application.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes