Top Menu

Can I travel with my married name on my passport and my maiden name on my PR Card?

The name discrepancy shouldn’t impact entering these other countries unless there is some reason why they should see your PR Card. (That would depend on the policies of these countries, if they need to know your country of residence.) The issue could be coming back into Canada, where the discrepancy will be noticed and could create problems. If you don’t intend to change your name on your passport before you travel, bring your name change with you and some other ID.

Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes