Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Replacement Citizenship Card FAQ

What is a Citizenship Card?

Your citizenship card is the document you receive after you have taken your oath of citizenship. It is a small card that fits easily into your wallet. It contains your name, date of birth, gender, eye colour and height. It also has a picture of you on it and your signature.

Continue Reading

Hi, my question is about citizenship test; what is the next step if i fail the test in first attempt do i have to appear for an interview next time in front of judge or i can get another to write a test.

If you do not pass the written test, ?Citizenship and Immigration Canada? will send you a notice telling you to appear for an interview (30 90 minutes) with a citizenship judge. At that interview, the judge will ask you the test questions orally to give you another opportunity to demonstrate that you meet all the requirements of citizenship (including knowledge and language).

Continue Reading

How to replace Citizenship card

If you have lost, or have had your Citizenship card stolen or destroyed, and are residing in Canada, to apply for a Citizenship card you must fill out the Application for a Citizenship Card from Inside Canada (CIT 0001).

Additionally, supporting documentation must also be included in your application. A fee must also be paid before an application can be submitted. This fee can be paid either online, or at a financial institution. Please be sure to obtain a receipt of the payment, and include it in your Canadian citizenship application package.

For more information please visit:

Continue Reading

Do I need my citizenship card for renewing Canadian passport

If you are eligible to renew your passport through the ‘simplified Renewal Application Process?, you do not have to resubmit proof of Canadian citizenship, supplementary identification or guarantor information.

You can apply if your Canadian Passport has been expired for no more than one year

If you are not eligible an ?Adult General Passport Application?PPTC 153 would need to be submitted. This application must be submitted with proof of Canadian citizenship. If you were born in Canada, you must provide an original of either:A Canadian birth certificate (issued in Canada by the province or territory of your birth), or A certificate of citizenship (issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada).

Continue Reading

I have been living abroad and need to reclaim my Canadian Citizenship. What should I do?

Under the new citizenship law that came into force in 2009, you are probably automatically recognized as a Canadian Citizen if you were born to Canadian parents outside of Canada or you lost your citizenship between 1947 and 1977. Citizenship and Immigration Canada have detailed descriptions of who can qualify as a Canadian citizen. What you must do is apply for a Citizenship card so that you can prove your nationality to authorities that need such information.

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes