Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: International Visas FAQ

Just a question. I am a Canadian citizen and would like to know if I have to get a visa to go to the states?

Most Canadian citizens can travel to the United States with a valid passport and without a visa.

There are exceptions to this rule. For example, a Canadian citizen who has a criminal record or any other ineligibility might be required to apply for a visa. However, they should first request a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection department, which should be obtained at the land border crossing.

If a Canadian plans to attend school or work in the United States, they are required to have specific documents for the appropriate visa category.

Please refer to the following link for more detailed information:

Continue Reading

What documents do I need to supply to get a visa?

You must supply a valid passport with 6 months remaining validity and at least one blank page for the visa and a completed application form. Some embassies require a photograph. Some countries require proof of a given amount of funds. Each Embassy will have its own requirements according to the visa you are applying for. Generally for business visas you need to supply a letter of invitation from the foreign company you are planning to visit. Some countries require applicants for tourist visas to have a letter of invitation and / or a confirmed hotel booking.

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes