Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Canadian Visa FAQ

am from Nigerian i meet a lady online and we have been dating for over 1years now and she want to invite me to Canada how can this works……coz I need to see her for good and we have been planing to get married.

  1. She sends you an invitation letter inviting you to stay with her in Canada.
  2. You book your trip.
  3. You assemble the information necessary to show you will return to Nigeria at the end of your trip.
  4. You submit your visitor visa application to the nearest visa office.
  5. When you receive your temporary residence visa (visitor visa), you travel to Canada.
Continue Reading

I am a dual canadian citizen and bangladeshi citizen. I am married to a British citizen residing in Bangladesh (who is also Bangladeshi. We are both resident of Bangladesh for many years as my husband business is based in Bangladesh. I was planning to go on a holiday to Canada for4 weeks to visit my sister with my husband and three kids . I wish to take with me my nanny who is Bangladshi so that she can look after my children. Just for your information our nanny has travelled with us to various countries including UK, Singapore , Thailand India etc. Therefore I was wondering what category of visa should I apply for her, should it be the visitor visa ?

Yes, it’s a visitor visa.

Continue Reading

My Canadian son just got engaged over Easter to his American girlfriend. They have both been traveling through the Windsor Detroit tunnel a lot to see each other.His fiancé was turned away twice before saying she came to Windsor too much. She works and attends school in Michigan. WHen she tried to enter Canada yesterday she was turned away and told she cannot renter Canada for 1 year. IS there anything that can be done?

She should speak to a lawyer or RCIC to see if she can appeal the one year ban.

Continue Reading

My friend that i have known for 9 years over stayed his visit in canada but got married before leaving to his country, the marriage failed and both went their separate ways. Now that 7 years have gone by he wants to visit Canada again but the lady that he got married to is no where to be found, can I as a friend invite him to canada for a short stay?

You can invite him.

Whether or not IRCC will accept his visa application depends upon a couple of things:

  • Did IRCC know he overstayed before? If so, did they give him a departure order or a travel ban or equivalent?
  • After he was married, was he sponsored for permanent residence?

If he was asked to leave, forced to leave or banned from travelling to Canada for a given time, he needs to resolve that before applying for a visa.

If he was sponsored for PR, received it, and never renounced it, he will not be granted a visa until he renounces his PR.

Continue Reading

I am a Canadian born citizen and I have a girlfriend from the country Russia. She is also capable of obtaining a Georgian passport through her father. I am wondering if I have any possibilities of having her come to Canada and be allowed to work? I do not see Russia or Georgia on the list of countries that Canada gives out a working holiday visa. Any tips, advice or websites would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, she is not normally eligible for a working holiday visa. There are “recognized organizations” that she could apply to:

  • AIESEC Canada
  • GO International
  • International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE)
  • International Rural Exchange (IRE)
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN)
  • Stepwest
  • SWAP Working Holidays
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of New Brunswick

But many of these also restrict applicants to IEC countries.


The other option is to sponsor her for permanent residence.

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes