Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Canadian Visa FAQ

i am an international student and did 2 years study in Canada. My passport expiry date is December 2016 but now i have to apply for work permit. they will issue work permit till i have a validity of my passport so can i renew my passport before i apply for a work permit in July 2015.

First, you will want to check with your embassy or consulate to see if you can renew your passport a year and a half in advance. Many countries will not allow you to do that.

If you can, we would recommend renewing your passport before you apply for the post-graduate work permit, provided your study permit will not expire in the meantime.

Continue Reading

My girlfriend was denied a TRV (tourist visa) to come to Canada. WE submitted all required documents and in the letter of invitation I had stated that I was going to be financially backing her and one of the reasons why she was denied was because of “Financial Means”. I do no think they looked at my letter even as they the application was refused within 2 days of receiving it. What would be the best approach to get her to come to Canada?

She should resubmit the application with your invitation letter but this time provide a bank statement showing she has CAD$1000-2000 available, minimum. The applicant normally has to show they have at least some money in addition to you stating you will support her.

Continue Reading

hi Im farhad from iran. I m looking for a sponser for my job in canada. Im a socialworker with 14yares experianced. I am 44 year old.thankes a lot

Do you have a job offer in Canada already? Because, if you do not, you need a job offer and (normally) a supporting Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA, which your employer must apply for), in order to get your work permit.

There are a couple of provinces which do still allow sponsorship for work, but I believe it’s only one or two, and obviously you would have to work in that province.

Continue Reading

I got the Canadian visa and working permit for 2 years but i got married after i take my visa? Do i have the right to bring her in Canada we are both from Albania? Thank you

If your occupation is “skilled” (i.e. NOC 0, A or B) then your wife can actually apply for an open work permit ending when your work permit ends. However, if your job is “semi-skilled” (i.e. NOC C or lower) then your wife will have to apply for a visitor visa to accompany you back to Canada. Of course, this all assumes your work permit and visa are still valid and are multiple entry.

Continue Reading

I’m a Filipino. I’m from the Philippines. And my sister’s husband is dying and about to pass away. Is there any possible way to get urgent visa to go there. I have been to Canada before. I have tourist visa before. Thank you…

Due to the emergency you would need to contact the embassy direct to apply for your visa. Please note you will need to complete an Emergency Processing Request Form(PDF 56 KB)* form when applying for your Temporary Resident Visa.
Embassy of Canada
Immigration and Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Mission Tel.: (63-2) 857-9001
Immigration Tel.: (63-2) 857-9002 (recorded information)

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes