Top Menu

Q&A Categories Archives: Canadian Visa FAQ

I just received by Study Permit which is valid till July 2019. My 3 year old daughter who will accompany me has a TRV which is valid till March 2019 in accordance to the expiry of her passport. My questions are : 1) Does she need to apply for a new TRV so that she can be with me till July 2019? 2) If we renew her passport now will she need to re apply for a new TRV or the one that she has valid till March 2019 suffice?

So the visa is a travel document, which means that it is proof your daughter can travel to Canada until March 2019. If her passport wasn’t going to expire, it’s entirely possible she could be admitted longer than through March 2019.

However, because her passport will expire, it’s very likely she will be admitted until the date of her passport expiry. So yes, she should apply for a new passport. She doesn’t have to apply for a new TRV as long as you enter Canada before March.

Continue Reading

I am a student I recently got married and had a baby, The sponsorship papers haven’t gone in as yet. Can my husband and I invite my parents to Canada to meat their first granddaughter? Whose name should I invite under and should I state in my letter that I am a student and is in the process of Applying for residence?

If it’s just a normal visitor visa application, then both of you can write and sign the invitation letter.

If this is a Super Visa application it’s more complicated because your husban inviting his in-laws might not be considered legitimate. But you are not eligible until you have PR.

Continue Reading

My Visa expires before my work permit how to apply for visa extension

This actually doesn’t matter.

That’s because your visa is a “travel document”, giving you permission to travel to Canada where the border guard will decide whether or not you could enter.

Your work permit is your “status document” which gives you permission to work in Canada.

As long as you are not travelling outside of Canada during your work permit’s validity, you do not need to renew your visa.

Now, if you do want to travel, you need to apply for that visa extension and you should be able to do so online at IRCC’s website.

Continue Reading

I’m a Filipina and working in Dubai. If i had the opportunity to find an employer in Canada. What is the best way to get my boyfriend? He is a Filipino also. Would it be Marry 1st at least a month before leaving Dubai? Is there any problem that i’ll encounter with the papers i already process with my employer if i’ll suddenly change status?

If you are married your husband can apply for an open work permit to accompany you on your work permit. If you are not married he cannot do that.

Continue Reading

My study permit expired recently and I’m trying to get a pr because I’m getting married soon will it be possible

The short answer is “no”. You cannot go from a study permit to PR. That is impossible.

If your fiance is Canadian (citizen or PR) they can sponsor you for permanent residence.

If your study permit expired less than 90 days ago, you can apply for an “open” work permit. If you work in Canada in a skilled occupation for at least a year you should be eligible to apply for PR then.

Continue Reading

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes