Top Menu


Support help line: 1-855-760-0888

FAST Card is an initiative from the US Customs and Border Protection designed to expedite land crossing between Canada and the US for commercial truck drivers.

If you are a truck driver, an American or Canadian citizen, or a Permanent Resident of either country, you may be eligible for a Free And Secure Trade (FAST) Card.

A FAST Card is an identity document that allows you and your truck to be pre-cleared for customs when crossing the Canada-US border.

A FAST Card lets you make use of special FAST lanes at certain border crossings.

Get your FAST Card now and avoid delays.

How long does it take to get a FAST Card?

It takes around 4 to 6 weeks to get your application conditionally approved approved. Then you must schedule an interview at a FAST Enrollment Center. Interview slots are available every week at some enrollment centers but may be scarcer at others. If you need your card in a hurry you are advised to check interview availability at several enrollment centers. Once you have attended your interview and been approved as a low risk driver you will receive your FAST Card in the mail within 10 days.

What happens when I submit an application for a FAST Card?

Your application is checked with law enforcement, customs and immigration authorities in both the US and Canada. If you have any violations relating to these departments you application will be denied. If you meet the eligibility requirements, you will be conditionally approved and invited for an interview at the FAST Enrollment Center of your choice.

What is the difference between NEXUS and FAST?

FAST Card is only available to commercial truck drivers and can only be used at land and sea crossings. NEXUS is available to all Canadian and US citizens and permanent residents who meet the program requirements. The NEXUS card allows people to cross the US Canada land and sea border in a private vehicle or on foot. It is also valid for air travel between the US and Canada.

I am not a Canadian citizen. Can I still apply for the FAST card program?

You can apply for FAST Card if you are a citizen or permanent resident of the US or Canada. You must have a valid driver’s license from either Canada or the US and be 18 years of age or over. If you are a permanent resident you must hold a valid PR Card and have lived in Canada or the US for 3 out of the last 5 year period.

My FAST Card is not working in the FAST lane. What should I do?

Get in touch with your nearest FAST Enrollment Center. They will issue you another card free of charge.

I have a criminal record. Am I eligible for the FAST Card?

No. The FAST Driver program is only open to low risk drivers who have no immigration or criminal violations against them.

Do I need to have a passport if I am a FAST Card member?

No. You do not need to carry a passport if you are an approved FAST Driver. FAST Card is accepted in place of a passport at all land and sea crossings between the US and Canada. It is compliant with the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI). If you are a permanent resident of another country you should carry your passport and any visas required to enter the USA.

How long is FAST Card valid?

FAST Card is valid for 5 years from the date of issue. Providing a driver files a renewal request before the card expires, the card will remain valid until a new card is activated.

What is a FAST Card?

FAST card is a trusted traveler program initiated by United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP). It allows low risk pre-approved commercial truck drivers to cross the US ? Canada border without waiting in long lines.


Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes