Top Menu

Canadian Visa FAQ

Support help line: 1-866-760-2623

How to get a Temporary Resident Visa, Work Permit, Supper Visa or Study Permit for Canada

Most people who need visas can now apply online for visitor visas. To apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV aka visitor visa) on paper, you must

  • satisfy a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
  • show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
  • not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so with a work permit or study permit,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
  • be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
Not all visitors need visas to come to Canada. If you are eligible for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA), you do not need a visa.

I’m american and my fiance is canadian. If I move to Canada without a job is there a time limit on when we’d have to get married? Is it legal to do this?

When you enter Canada you will be asked why. If you tell them that you are moving to Canada without a job, you will likely be denied entry at the border.

hi Im farhad from iran. I m looking for a sponser for my job in canada. Im a socialworker with 14yares experianced. I am 44 year old.thankes a lot

Do you have a job offer in Canada already? Because, if you do not, you need a job offer and (normally) a supporting Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA, which your employer must apply for), in order to get your work permit.

There are a couple of provinces which do still allow sponsorship for work, but I believe it’s only one or two, and obviously you would have to work in that province.

I got the Canadian visa and working permit for 2 years but i got married after i take my visa? Do i have the right to bring her in Canada we are both from Albania? Thank you

If your occupation is “skilled” (i.e. NOC 0, A or B) then your wife can actually apply for an open work permit ending when your work permit ends. However, if your job is “semi-skilled” (i.e. NOC C or lower) then your wife will have to apply for a visitor visa to accompany you back to Canada. Of course, this all assumes your work permit and visa are still valid and are multiple entry.

I’m a Filipino. I’m from the Philippines. And my sister’s husband is dying and about to pass away. Is there any possible way to get urgent visa to go there. I have been to Canada before. I have tourist visa before. Thank you…

Due to the emergency you would need to contact the embassy direct to apply for your visa. Please note you will need to complete an Emergency Processing Request Form(PDF 56 KB)* form when applying for your Temporary Resident Visa.
Embassy of Canada
Immigration and Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Mission Tel.: (63-2) 857-9001
Immigration Tel.: (63-2) 857-9002 (recorded information)

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes