Top Menu

Canada Passport FAQ

Canadian citizens are eligible to apply for a Canadian passport. You do not have to be resident in Canada to apply for a new or to renew your Canadian passport. Canadian passports are issued by Passport Canada.

  • Choose the passport application you need: regular or simplified renewal
  • Complete the passport application
  • Gather your required documents and get your photos taken
  • Get your guarantor to endorse your application: If you are a Canadian citizen applying for your first Canadian passport, or your current Canadian passport has been expired for more than 1 year, then you will need to find a guarantor. A guarantor is someone other than yourself who confirms your identity for Passport Canada.
  • Submit your application by mail or in person.
How do I renew my Canadian Passport?

The Canada passport renewal process has been simplified so that adult applicants who already hold a Canadian passport can fill out the Simplified Renewal Application. Applicants renewing their passport need only submit the required fee, their old passport and two recent passport photos, which must include on the back of one photo, the photographers name and address and the date the photos were taken. Child applicants cannot use the Simplified Renewal Application to renew their passports.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes